I need this.
I need this.
Sometimes the tastiest dishes happen when you have to improvise. Making use of what you have, the pizza edition.
No pizza base sauce? Use 1/4 can of chopped tomatoes.
No cheese? Load pizza with even more amazing toppings than usual!
This was a delicious veggie pizza I made using only ingredients I had to hand: Artichoke hearts (random tin that was in the cupboard), sundried tomatoes (again, forgotten about jar in the fridge), spring onion, aubergine and basil leaves, plus a healthy drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper.
Really really tasty.
It’s never a bad time for a Miyazaki food gif.
WWII era ad, 1944
You NEED to make this for dinner tonight
Aka, the best lasagne recipe
In 2009 I found a recipe in a magazine that completely changed the way I feel about an Italian classic. No more sloppy lasagne, school catering style, this is the sexiest, tastiest, layered pasta dish imaginable.
You can thank me later.
Ingredients (makes large lasagne, for about 6?):
700g minced beef (you could totally use soy mince to make veggie)
700g tomato ragu sauce
200ml stock (whatever you prefer)
2 tbsp fresh thyme
1 chopped onion
3 chopped garlic cloves
Olive oil, salt and pepper
300ml sour cream (this is the magic ingredient)
125g grated gruyère cheese
100g grated parmesan cheese
1. Fry onion in olive oil. Once soft add garlic and fry for another minute or two.
2. Add minced beef and fry until all meat is browned.
3. Add ragu, stock, thyme, salt and pepper, bring to the boil, then cover and let simmer for 20mins.
4. Make your topping by blending cornflour with a little of your milk in a bowl. Then add rest of milk and whisk in the sour cream.
5. Fold in the gruyère.
6. Preheat oven to gas 5/190c.
7. Once meat sauce is ready, spread a layer at bottom of your baking pan, cover with a layer of lasagne sheets, and repeat until no more meat sauce. Make lasagne sheets your final layer then pour on your topping.
8. Spread parmesan all over the top.
9. Cook for 40 mins or until top is golden brown.
Eat immediately, or leave to cool so melted cheese is a bit firmer (my preference).
Enjoy (and tell me this isn’t the greatest lasagne you’ve ever eaten!)
Obama’s World Cup snack table needs more pizza and hot wings though.
Apple and Peanut Butter Stackers (Some of any optional fillings of your choice are sprinkles chopped nuts chocolate chips m and more. You can also melt some dark chocolate in the microwave and mix with peanut butter or use Nutella instead of peanut butter)